- Dr. Cody
Some Natural Ways to Relieve Stubborn Headaches
Headaches are not a new phenomenon. Many experience them. No matter how many times you've experienced a headache, the throbbing and sometimes even pounding feeling isn't easy to manage.
Headaches can be caused by a variety of factors, including allergies, poor posture, poor sleep, dehydration and lack of sleep.
Here are some natural remedies that can help you get relief if you are in pain.
1. Drink more water: A headache can be caused by not drinking enough water. Water is powerful and can prevent headaches and reduce the severity of existing ones.
2. Ginger: Make ginger root tea. This spice is great for reducing inflammation and nausea.
3. Essential oils: Lavender and peppermint have been proven to work. Peppermint can help open blocked blood vessels which could lead to headaches. Lavender helps reduce stress and anxiety.
4. Cold compress: Applying a cold compress to your head can help relieve pain.
5. Eat and apple: A daily apple may be enough to keep your headache at bay. Apple cider vinegar and apples can balance your pH and ease tension.
6. Stretch: Spend a few minutes stretching. Your pain intensity can be reduced by rotating your neck and relaxing the shoulders.
7. Get more sleep: According the CDC (Centers for Disease Control), one in three adults doesn't get enough sleep each night. Lack of sleep can lead to a variety of health problems, including headaches. Sometimes, resting in a dark quiet place can help if you are suffering from a headache.
8. Chiropractic care: Adjustments are a great way to reduce stress, relieve a migraine headache and get your body back on track.
These remedies can also be used to prevent headaches. If none of the above remedies are providing relief, a chiropractor visit and adjustment may be what you need. This is a whole-body treatment that does not require any drugs.